For existing Current Account Plus customers moving to Signature Current Account is straightforward. You’ll keep your account number, cards and cheque books. Your standing orders and direct debits will be paid automatically as usual. A monthly fee of £13.50 applies to Signature Current Account.
- Your sort code and account number
- Permission from any joint party to move to the new account.
As part of the process we’ll check that you’re eligible to use all the benefits of the account.
You are only permitted to have one Signature Current Account so please check you don’t already have an account in place.
To complete the move, for insurance benefits you’ll need:
- Travel insurance - details for all parties on your travel insurance including dates of birth and any existing medical conditions. You’re covered until your 75th birthday and if you or anyone insured on this policy have pre-existing medical conditions, just call 0345 602 2369 and the insurer will confirm whether it is able to cover your condition. If the insurer can’t cover your condition, they can simply exclude it from your policy
- Car breakdown cover – the age of your car (must be less than 16 years old), if it’s registered in the UK and whether it is taxed and MOT'd
- Gadget and mobile phone insurance - the age and retail value of any phone (up to a value of £1200; one phone per account holder) or gadget (with a value of £50 - £750 inc VAT; gadgets must be no more than 5 years old at point of claim).
You’ll not be able to save and return to your application so please make sure you have all the relevant information needed before starting.
Once you’ve gone through the questions, you’ll be given the option as to whether you want to proceed. You will also be able to print a statement which confirms your responses and your suitability for a Signature Current Account.
Please read the following important information
Use of Personal Information
- The information you provide will be used to assess your application and set up and manage your account.
- We will share your information with credit reference agencies to help determine what credit products and services we can provide you - these agencies will use the information for assessing credit applications, debt tracing and prevention of money laundering.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
A full description of how and for what purpose your information may be processed, plus further details of how your information is held by fraud prevention agencies, can be viewed in our Use of Personal Information statement within our Fair Processing Notice.
Please confirm that you meet the following criteria