Staying safe online | Yorkshire Bank
To protect our customers we use a range of strict security measures including encryption technology.
- Mobile banking is controlled by a comprehensive layered security infrastructure
- Our servers employ the maximum level of protection for your account information, using 128-bit SSL encryption
- Our security system has been vetted and approved by external security consultants
- Our security infrastructure includes the use of multiple firewalls, complemented by an intrusion detection system that alerts our security teams to any attempted security breaches
How to protect yourself
There are a few steps that you can follow to protect yourself.
- Protect your device and your mobile app with a passcode and make sure you lock and unlock your mobile device. Always remember to logout of the mobile app when not in use. It’s important you do not write your security information down, store it on your device or disclose it to others. Avoid sharing the device you bank on
- Do not disclose your security details to any other person, including in response to a request that you provide it (even if that request appears to come from us)
- Check your account records carefully
- Use official stores - Our mobile app is only available from official stores such as Apple App Store and Google Play™
- Update your mobile app - install the new updates to make sure your device isn’t exposed to the latest risks. If your mobile device is compatible with anti-virus software, it’s a good idea to download one from a reputable brand
- Email and SMS - we will never ask you for your security information via SMS or email
You must tell us as soon as you can by calling 0800 678 3380 in the following circumstances:-
- Your security details become known (or you suspect they have become known) to someone else
- You notice any errors or unauthorised transactions on your account
- You think someone else has or may try to access your account
- You become aware that your mobile device, or the computer that you sync your mobile device to has been lost, stolen or fraudulently accessed
Additional information on protecting your personal details and computer, as well as links to other useful resources can be found on our internet banking security page.
More on internet banking security centre