Your security is our paramount concern, so Yorkshire Bank’s Internet Banking service has been designed to provide security that is among the best in the market place.
- Access is restricted to registered users and controlled by a comprehensive layered security infrastructure
- Our servers employ the maximum level of protection for your account information, using 128-bit SSL encryption
- Our security system has been vetted and approved by external security consultants
- Our security infrastructure includes the use of multiple firewalls, complemented by an intrusion detection system that alerts our security teams to any attempted security breaches
This section explains:
We also recommend you install a personal firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software to protect your PC from unwanted viruses and Trojans. We can offer you a 50% discount on Internet security software to help with this.
Other useful resources
You may also like to check these independent sources for further security advice and information:
- Bank Safe Online (opens in new window): helpful guides, links to security software vendors, plus information on the latest threats, provided by APACS, the UK Payments Association
- Financial Conduct Authority (opens in new window): publications including "Checking Your Identity" and useful information on identity-theft
- Scottish Business Crime Centre (opens in new window): practical crime reduction advice for consumers and businesses, including identity theft and online security